HBase >> mail # user >> 0.92 => 0.96 in one go?

Re: 0.92 => 0.96 in one go?
You should go to hadoop2 for sure.

I did this on a small cluster:

Installed a 0.92.2 on a hadoop 1.2.1.
Loaded a bit of data, 20 odd regions or so.
Shutdown hbase.
Installed hbase 0.98.0-hadoop1 RC0
Followed the upgrade instructions in the manual for 0.96 ensuring no
hfilev1 (as Matteo)
Started hbase-0.98.0.  Looked fine.
Loaded more data.
Shut it all down.
Upgrade hadoop from 1 to 2 (I had some fun because hadoop1 and hadoop2
configs had data and name dirs in different locations)
Installed hbase-0.98.0-hadoop2 everywhere
Started it up.
Started loading more data.

Seems fine looking in logs.

You can use my fedex account sending the first born Otis.  Will hang on
wall beside all the others.

St.Ack

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 5:42 AM, Otis Gospodnetic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]