-Re: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.0 release candidate is available for download
Aleksandr Shulman 2014-02-03, 22:23
Sorry to join the party a little late. I have two pieces of feedback for
the RC. Because of 2.1 and 2.2, I am also -1 on this RC.
1. Smoke tests - I ran the standard internal smoke tests - they all passed.
2. Binary/API incompatibilities:
1. Scan.setSmall(boolean) return type changed, which will cause a binary
incompatibility between 0.96 and 0.98
2. HTableDescriptor.isDeferredLogFlush was removed, which will cause a
binary incompatibility between 0.96 and 0.98. We should add it back with
default response of 'true'
3. KeyValue constructors removed (known issue, but we should make sure to
4. ServerName constructors removed (known issue, but we should make sure
For 2.1 and 2.2:
Exception from testScanMeta: -> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
Exception from testIsDeferredLogFlush: ->
The full report of Public API diffs can be found here:
I will continue examining the report and I'd encourage folks to do the same.
On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 9:59 AM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 7:04 PM, tsuna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Sorry I didn't mean to sink the RC just for this.
> Well I think we should not be obnoxious in that way even if unintended.
> However, HBASE-10433 would also have sunk the RC if it makes you feel
> better. :-)
> Best regards,
> - Andy
> Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. - Piet Hein
> (via Tom White)