HBase >> mail # user >> how to shorten the time it takes for hbase master from backup state to active?

how to shorten the time it takes for hbase master from backup state to active?
Hi HBase Users,

I'm using hbase 0.96 and currently testing hbase master high-availability. From what I know is that you can start 2 master in different machines, and the 2nd to start is the master backup.
Then when I kill -9 the 1st master (active), it always(?) took 2 minutes for the 2nd master to become active.
Is there a way to shorten this 2 minutes to be just under 10 seconds?

Best regards,
Henry

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person, please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Winbond is strictly prohibited; and any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Winbond shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Winbond.