HBase, mail # user - When I use secure hbase client create table,  throws accessDeniedException 'user is null'

Re: When I use secure hbase client create table, throws accessDeniedException 'user is null'
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-21, 16:33
What version of HBase?

You have this in your client and configurations?

<property>
 <name>hbase.rpc.engine</name>
 <value>org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SecureRpcEngine</value>
</property>

<property>
 <name>hadoop.security.authentication</name>
 <value>kerberos</value>
</property>

<property>
 <name>hbase.security.authentication</name>
 <value>kerberos</value>
</property>

Because "user null" usually means you haven't configured use of the
SecureRpcEngine.

An example working secure configuration:
https://github.com/apurtell/tm-ec2-demo

--
Best regards,

   - Andy