Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Releasing 1.5.0

+
Keith Turner 2012-11-21, 13:54
+
Adam Fuchs 2012-11-21, 16:59
+
Eric Newton 2012-11-21, 18:14
+
John Vines 2012-11-21, 18:21
+
Christopher Tubbs 2012-11-21, 19:29
+
Keith Turner 2012-11-21, 21:59
+
Christopher Tubbs 2012-11-23, 03:07
+
Drew Farris 2012-11-25, 00:24
+
Adam Fuchs 2012-11-25, 13:49
+
Drew Farris 2012-11-25, 00:23
Re: Releasing 1.5.0
Adam,

I don't recall seeing the following fly by on Jira. Has anyone started
work on them yet?

 > +generic authentication/authorization plugin infrastructure (is this
related to how Kerberos will be supported?)
 > +Memory-to-memory compactions

All,

+1 for all of the (other) wants/desires and to Keith's initial plan.

On 11/21/2012 11:59 AM, Adam Fuchs wrote:
> +1
>
> My wishlist includes:
> +Hadoop 2.0 support
> +kerberos support
> +generic authentication/authorization plugin infrastructure
> +thrift proxy
> +time and visibility block indexing in RFile
> +HDFS classloader
> +Tested compatibility with MapR, HDP, and CDH
>
> Other nice-to-haves would be:
> +Memory-to-memory compactions
> +Prefix encoding for RFile
>
> Adam
>

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I am thinking we should start thinking about releasing 1.5.0.  We have a
>> lot of good stuff in trunk.   Some features that I think people would like
>> in 1.5 are still in flight.  What do people think about setting a feature
>> freeze date for 1.5?  I think this would be a good idea and propose Jan 1
>> as a feature freeze date for 1.5.   Once we decide on a date, everyone can
>> use that date to make decisions about what they want to work on for the
>> remaining time.
>>
>> In the past after feature freeze we have entered test mode and bug fix
>> mode, which has usually taken 1 to 2 months.   So based on past experience,
>> a feature freeze date of Jan 1. would like result in a release of 1.5.0
>> sometime during February.  In the past we have also updated documentation
>> after feature freeze and written new automated tests, in addition to
>> finding and fixing issues.
>>
>> Some of the outstanding features on my wishlist for 1.5 are thrift proxy,
>> HDFS classloader, and Kerberose :)
>>
>> Keith

+
Adam Fuchs 2012-11-25, 13:57