HBase >> mail # user >> Premature EOF: no length prefix available

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-02, 19:27
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-02, 19:40
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-02, 19:57
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-02, 19:59
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-02, 20:10
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-02, 20:18
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-02, 20:23
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-02, 20:32
+
Loic Talon 2013-05-02, 20:53
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-02, 21:12
+
Loic Talon 2013-05-02, 21:21
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-02, 21:24
Re: Premature EOF: no length prefix available
Sorry, hit send too soon. I would recommend the following instance types:

    hi1.4xlarge: Expensive but it has a comfortable level of resources and
will perform
    hs1.8xlarge: This is what you might see in a typical data center Hadoop
deployment, also expensive
    m2.2xlarge/m2.4xlarge: Getting up to the amount of RAM you want for
caching in "big data" workloads
    m1.xlarge: Less CPU but more RAM than c1.xlarge, so safer
    c1.xlarge: Only if you really know what you are doing and need to be
cheap
    Anything lesser endowed: Never

You may find that, relative to AWS charges for a hi1.4xlarge, some other
hosting option for the equivalent would be more economical.

Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)
+