Hadoop >> mail # dev >> RE: [Vote] Merge branch-trunk-win to trunk

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Konstantine, you have voted -1, and stated some requirements before you'll
> withdraw that -1.  As I plan to do work to fulfill those requirements, I
> want to make sure that what I'm proposing will, in fact, satisfy you.
> That's why I'm asking, if we implement full "test-patch" integration for
> Windows, does it seem to you that that would provide adequate support?

Yes.

> I have learned not to presume that my interpretation is correct.  My
> interpretation of item #1 is that test-patch provides pre-commit build, so
> it would satisfy item #1.  But rather than assuming that I am interpreting
> it correctly, I simply want your agreement that it would, or if not,
> clarification why it won't.

I agree it will satisfy my item #1.
I did not agree in my previous email, but I changed my mind based on
the latest discussion. I have to explain why now.
I was proposing nightly build because I did not want pre-commit build
for Windows block commits to Linux. But if people are fine just ignoring
-1s for the Windows part of the build it should be good.

> Regarding item #2, it is also my interpretation that test-patch provides an
> on-demand (perhaps 20-minutes deferred) Jenkins build and unit test, with
> logs available to the developer, so it would satisfy item #2.  But rather
> than assuming that I am interpreting it correctly, I simply want your
> agreement that it would, or if not, clarification why it won't.

It will satisfy my item #2 in the following way:
I can duplicate your pre-commit build for Windows and add an input
parameter, which would let people run the build on their patches
chosen from local machine rather than attaching them to Jiras.

Thanks,
--Konstantin