Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Question about Hadoop-8192 and rackToBlocks ordering

+
Kumar Ravi 2012-03-22, 12:24
+
Robert Evans 2012-03-22, 16:54
+
Amir Sanjar 2012-03-22, 18:45
+
Devaraj Das 2012-03-22, 21:40
+
Kumar Ravi 2012-03-23, 14:26
+
Devaraj Das 2012-03-23, 17:10
Re: Question about Hadoop-8192 and rackToBlocks ordering
Devaraj ,
I respectfully disagree, fixing the testcase for IBM JVM  will break SUN
JVM, unless we remove the assertion causing the problem. However that might
in return mask other problems  . Before any changes we need to understand
the logic behind split process. Is there any documentation? Who owned the
code?
Best Regards
Amir Sanjar

Linux System Management Architect and Lead
IBM Senior Software Engineer
Phone# 512-286-8393
Fax#      512-838-8858