Flume >> mail # user >> starting a thread in the customized sink ?

starting a thread in the customized sink ?
Hi,

If in my customized sink, I create some threads and schedule it to do some queueing.  For example, I would like to drop the events off every 10 seconds.  If I start the thread or an executor in the process method of the customized sink class, would have have some negative impact to the threading model in Flume ?

thanks,
-Terrey