Flume >> mail # dev >> What do people think about the patch FLUME-2321?

Re: What do people think about the patch FLUME-2321?
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 4:05 AM, gortiz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is Java 6 support really necessary?  Java 6 is EOL.  Java 8 release is
imminent, I believe.
If tracking inode vs. last mod date brings in some advantage, I'd consider
switching to that.

*  What happens when multiple log files are rotated while Flume agent was

If you save the date when you last read from a file, then I think you could
just could finish reading the file you were last reading and then look at
all other files and read all files with newer last mod date, beginning to
end. No?

*Assuming yes, yes, and yes, can one configure:

+1 for the simple version now and more sophisticated later.
Ahaaa, I did not realize this!

I don't know anything about this....

Is this project available anywhere?
Would it make sense to add a new Flume Source that uses it?

Thanks,
Otis