Flume, mail # dev - Re: starting a thread in the customized sink ? - 2014-08-25, 05:17

Re: starting a thread in the customized sink ?
Thanks for answering my question.

No, the transaction will not be shared by different threads.  The transaction is committed after I convert the events to some data structure.

I would only have a Timer/Executor thread that fires off at specific intervals to send these converted data structures (from events) to customized storage/consumer for processing.

Do you see an issue with this approach ?

thanks,
Terrey.