Flume, mail # dev - Re: Flume Avro Source and Avro C api - 2014-08-26, 07:20

Re: Flume Avro Source and Avro C api
Hi,
As I'm still planning how to do to transport my data, I can use Thrift as
well, but how does Thrift and Avro integrates?
Avro seems very interesting to serialize data and also pretty
straightforward (define a schema -> transform data -> read data again using
the same schema).
It's not clear to me the role of Thrift (ok it will generate code to make
the RPC call) and the integration with Avro.
Can you please add more details?
Regards.
Seba
On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 11:26 PM, Hari Shreedharan <