HBase >> mail # dev >> Adding column family to hbase table

+
Mike 2012-10-30, 14:33
Re: Adding column family to hbase table
Online schema update is an experimental feature and has known issues,
especially if the table has a region split under progress.

You can enable it by setting "hbase.online.schema.update.enable" to "true"
in the configuration file(s) and restarting the HBase services.

More here <http://hbase.apache.org/book/upgrade0.92.html#d2064e2639>.

Aditya Kishore