Pig, mail # user - Issue while running Pig in Hadoop mode

+
nikhil desai 2012-05-29, 21:23
Re: Issue while running Pig in Hadoop mode
Prashant Kommireddi 2012-05-29, 22:02
Hi Nikhil,

Can you paste your script here or pastebin?

The warning message says you are trying to access a field that does not
exist. An easy way to debug would be to make sure you have records flowing
out of each Pig statement. You can use LIMIT operator to dump 10 records or
so and troubleshoot the pig statement at which you are losing records.

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 2:23 PM, nikhil desai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to run Pig in Hadoop mode with 2 clusters. I have installed
> Hadoop 1.0.3 and Pig 0.10.
> When I run Pig statements like "foreach" or if I use "MAX or AVG" i get the
> following error:
>
> WARN
>
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MapReduceLauncher
> - Encountered Warning ACCESSING_NON_EXISTENT_FIELD
>
> The final result is Success. However the output file is empty.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> NIKHIL

+