HBase >> mail # dev >> client Result object and other client interfaces

client Result object and other client interfaces
Mainly for Stack as he's working on RPC stuff.  I'm just curious what you
have in mind for the user-facing client interfaces.  Do you plan to keep
the Result object the same for now and populate it with KeyValues?  Or will
client's Result object be changing in conjunction with the protocol buffer
stuff?

Longer term, we probably want to let the client access the CellScanner
directly so we don't have to explode the encoded bytes into KeyValues.  But
short term I don't think there's a rush to do that.

Maybe 0.96.1 or 0.96.2 could give clients access to both interfaces, and we
deprecate the Result object and remove later.  Or maybe result object is a
good thing to keep forever... I'm not really making a recommendation, just
seeing if anyone has thought about it.