Avro >> mail # user >> IDL import bug in Avro 1.6.2?

IDL import bug in Avro 1.6.2?
It appears that AVRO 1.6.2 broked nested IDL imports. Our project is set
up as follows. We use the IDL for all protocol and type definitions. In
order to share types, we create "empty" avdl protocol files and name
them like A_Protocol and A_Protocol_Types.avdl. That ways protocol B
which might need the types used in protocol A and just import
A_Protocol_Types.avdl.

I'm in the process of updating our baseline to move to 1.6.2 and I
noticed that first level imports work but second level imports fail. All
the necessary AVDL files are in the same directory. Take a set up like
below.

A_Protocol.advl
A_Protocol_Types.avdl

B_Protocol.avdl
   imports A_Protocol_Types.avdl
   imports B_Protocol_Types.avdl
      imports A_Protocol_Types.avdl <-- This fails with a File not Found
exception

This works just fine with Avro 1.5.x so I'm thinking something changed
in Avro 1.6.2 that is breaking the behavior of following the imports.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks,
George

--
Chief Architect                   AIM:  gffletch
Identity Services Engineering     Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

+
George Fletcher 2012-02-22, 19:08
+
Doug Cutting 2012-02-22, 19:17