HBase >> mail # user >> Insert blocked

+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-07-23, 22:48
Re: Insert blocked
HTable is not thread safe[1]. It's better to use HTablePool if you want to
share things across multiple threads.[2]

1 http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.html
2
http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTablePool.html

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Mohit Anchlia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I am writing a stress tool to test my specific use case. In my current
> implementation HTable is a global static variable that I initialize just
> once and use it accross multiple threads. Is this ok?
>
> My row key consists of (timestamp - (timestamp % 1000)) and cols are
> counters. What I am seeing is that when I run my test after first row is
> created the application just hangs. I just wanted to check if there are
> obvious things that I should watch out for.
>
> I am currently testing few threads in eclipse, but I'll still try and
> generate stackTrace

+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-07-23, 23:15
+