HDFS >> mail # user >> Question about decommissioning a node

Re: Question about decommissioning a node
Thanks.

Another Question: During decommissioning process, does HDFS strictly copy blocks/files from the decommissioned node to the other live nodes? Or do blocks get copied from other live nodes too?

i.e., is the source of transfers always the node being decommissioned?

-Harold