HDFS, mail # user - Question about decommissioning a node

Re: Question about decommissioning a node
Harold Lim 2009-09-16, 17:06
Thanks.

Another Question: During decommissioning process, does HDFS strictly copy blocks/files from the decommissioned node to the other live nodes? Or do blocks get copied from other live nodes too?

i.e., is the source of transfers always the node being decommissioned?

-Harold