Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] hadoop 0.23.6 rc1 release

+
Thomas Graves 2013-01-29, 14:29
+
Jonathan Eagles 2013-01-29, 20:29
Re: [VOTE] hadoop 0.23.6 rc1 release
Jason Lowe 2013-01-29, 17:51
+1 (non-binding)

- Verified signatures and checksums
- Built from source, deployed pseudo-distributed cluster and ran some
example jobs successfully
- Deployed pseudo-distributed cluster from binary tarball and ran some
example jobs successfully

Note that during testing I discovered the web proxy server doesn't
startup successfully due to a missing directory and filed YARN-363. I'm
not considering that a blocker since the missing directory can be
created manually or the user can run the web proxy as part of the RM as
a workaround.

Jason

On 01/29/2013 08:29 AM, Thomas Graves wrote:
> I've created another release candidate (RC1) for hadoop-0.23.6 that I
> would like
> to release.
>
> This release is a sustaining release with several important bug fixes in
> it. It also contains fixes for the issues found in rc0 - YARN-354,
> HDFS-4426, and HADOOP-9255
>
> The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~tgraves/hadoop-0.23.6-candidate-1/
> The RC tag in svn is here: