HDFS >> mail # user >> Submitting MapReduce job from remote server using JobClient

Submitting MapReduce job from remote server using JobClient
Hi all,

I want to run a MapReduce job using the Hadoop Java api from my analytics
server. It is not the master or even a data node but it has the same Hadoop
installation as all the nodes in the cluster.
I tried using JobClient.runJob() but it accepts JobConf as argument and
when using JobConf it is possible to set only mapred Mapper classes and I
use mapreduce...
I tried using JobControl and ControlledJob but it seems like it tries to
run the job locally. the map phase just keeps attempting...
Anyone tried it before ?
I'm just looking for a way to submit MapReduce jobs from Java code and be
able to monitor them.

Thanks,

Amit.