HBase >> mail # user >> hbase.hregion.majorcompaction not taking effect.

+
Pranav Sharma 2013-02-21, 09:51
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-21, 15:28
Re: hbase.hregion.majorcompaction not taking effect.
Hi JM

As per the fix versions it is fixed even in 0.90 version.  So it is
available in the version that Pranav is currently using.

Regards
Ram

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 8:58 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Pranav,
>
> I don't think this feature is available on the versino you are using:
>
> It seems to be available only in trunk for now.
>
> You night want to request this to be applied in 0.94.x branch too, or apply
> it manually yourself.
>
> JM
>
> 2013/2/21 Pranav Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > For disabling auto major compaction, I configured
> > hbase.hregion.majorcompaction = 0 in the config file and restarted the
> > cluster. In spite of this, major compaction continues to run everyday.
> Here
> > is the config I set:
> >
> > <property>
> > <name>hbase.hregion.majorcompaction</name>
> > <value>0</value>
> > </property>
> >
> > What other way can I disable auto major compaction? I expected this
> config
> > to work. What am I doing wrong here?
> >
> > I'm using 0.92.2 and the environment is as follows: Linux <hostname>
> > 2.6.21.7-2.fc8xen-ec2-v1.0 #1 SMP Tue Sep 1 10:25:30 EDT 2009 x86_64
> x86_64
> > x86_64 GNU/Linux
> > Fedora release 8 (Werewolf)
> >
> > Please advice. Thanks a lot.