Zookeeper, mail # user - What should I do with SyncDisconnected

+
Ivan Kelly 2013-03-13, 21:01
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-03-13, 21:21
+
kishore g 2013-03-14, 01:51
+
Ivan Kelly 2013-03-14, 21:30
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-03-14, 21:43
Re: What should I do with SyncDisconnected
Ivan Kelly 2013-03-25, 09:26
On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 02:43:58PM -0700, Jordan Zimmerman wrote:
> > But how long to wait? If the server is truly partitioned from ZK, then
> > I'll wait forever, and the client request will be hung forever.
> Curator waits for the time specified as the "connection
> timeout". Curator introduces three connection states, CONNECTED,
> SUSPENDED and LOST. When SysDisconnected is received, Curator sets
> the state to SUSPENDED and then issues a sync() in the
> background. This sync() does through Curator's normal connection
> management, retries, etc. If the sync() doesn't succeed within the
> connection timeout, Curator sets the state to LOST. How the
> application handles these state changes is, of course, up to the
> app.
Sorry for the late reply.

The connection timeout is defined in curator though? Or is taken from
the session timeout? We're doing something like this now.

-Ivan
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-03-25, 17:47