MapReduce >> mail # user >> log4j defaults for AM & task

log4j defaults for AM & task
In debugging a custom AM and its tasks, I want to create log4j settings so that the log output goes to someplace "standard" where I can collect all of the logs at the end of the run and see what happened to each part.  Is there a convention for doing this?  Does each task get a well-defined and unique directory where I can leave log files at the end of the run?
Thanks,
john