Hive >> mail # user >>

+
imen Megdiche 2012-11-13, 13:57
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-11-13, 21:30
+
Russell Jurney 2012-11-14, 07:56
+
imen Megdiche 2012-11-14, 08:01
Reading the Hortonworks page, it looks like only Windows server
configurations are supported. While that's what you want for production
deployments, of course, I have many, many clients would like like to run
Hadoop and Hive on personal computers for development and testing, like you
can do on Mac and Linux personal machines with the Apache distro. I hope
Hortonworks and Microsoft will address this need.

Also, I laughed out loud when I read this: "Microsoft is notorious for
making things easy and simple ..."

dean

--
*Dean Wampler, Ph.D.*
thinkbiganalytics.com
+1-312-339-1330
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-11-14, 14:56
+
Carl Steinbach 2012-11-15, 12:35
+
Kanna Karanam 2012-11-15, 22:19
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-11-16, 08:47
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-11-16, 08:49
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-11-16, 11:47
+
Dalia Sobhy 2012-11-17, 23:42