HBase >> mail # user >> Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.GetJavaProperty

+
zenbowman 2013-06-03, 17:20
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-06-03, 17:22
+
zenbowman 2013-06-03, 17:27
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-06-03, 17:29
+
zenbowman 2013-06-03, 17:38
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-06-03, 17:47
+
zenbowman 2013-06-03, 18:06
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-06-03, 18:10
+
zenbowman 2013-06-03, 18:14
Re: Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.GetJavaProperty
If you have simply downloaded and extracted HBase the same way I did
below, then it's not coming from HBase since it's working for everyone
else.

There might be something with your installation/configuration.

Do you have any HADOOP_CLASSPATH or HBASE_CLASSPATH  declared? Is so,
can you remove it and retry?

Also, can you try this command?

HADOOP_IN_PATH= $(PATH="${HADOOP_HOME:-${HADOOP_PREFIX}}/bin:$PATH"
which hadoop 2>/dev/null); echo $HADOOP_IN_PATH

The only place with GetJavaProperty is called is there:
HADOOP_JAVA_LIBRARY_PATH=$(HADOOP_CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH"
${HADOOP_IN_PATH} org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.GetJavaProperty
java.library.path 2>/dev/null)
and this is only called if the command above is not null.

So I guess he command above is not null for you, else your error
message will not be displayed.

Can you also echo $HADOOP_CLASSPATH and CLASSPATH?

Thanks,

JM