MapReduce, mail # user - Hadoop Installation Mappers setting

Re: Hadoop Installation Mappers setting
Amal G Jose 2013-05-23, 17:33
I am explaining it more.
If your machine have 8 GB of memory.
After reserving to Operating system and all other processes except
tasktracker, you have 4 GB remaining(assume).
The remaining process running is tasktracker.
If the child jvm size is 200 MB,
Then you can define a maximum slots of 4*1024 MB/ 200 MB
Which is approximately 20.
You can divide the slots into mapper and reducer slots as per your
requirement.
This is just an example that I explained based on my knowledge.