HDFS >> mail # user >> Newbie question on block size calculation

Re: Newbie question on block size calculation
Seek time is ~ 10ms. If seek time has to be 1% of the transfer time then
transfer time has to be ~ 1000 ms (1s).

In ~ 1000 ms (1s) with a transfer rate of 100 MB/s, a block of 100MB can be
read.

Praveen