Accumulo >> mail # dev >> System swappiness setting warning - important enough to display when shell starts?

+
David Medinets 2012-06-07, 23:36
+
William Slacum 2012-06-07, 23:41
+
Eric Newton 2012-06-08, 01:24
Re: System swappiness setting warning - important enough to display when shell starts?
I think that could be a slippery slope. We can't possibly support all
the Linux settings required for optimal performance on all
distributions.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 7, 2012, at 7:36 PM, David Medinets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't know the impact when this setting is too high. Apparently the
> default in Ubuntu is 60. I only noticed the warning because I was
> looking at log files randomly. I'm wondering if this check is
> important enough to be done when the shell starts and to display the
> error to the console at that time.
>
> This was the message:
>
> [server.Accumulo] WARN : System swappiness setting is greater than ten
> (60) which can cause time-sensitive operations to be delayed.
> Accumulo is time sensitive b
> ecause it needs to maintain distributed lock agreement.
+
Eric Newton 2012-06-08, 02:17