MapReduce >> mail # user >> data loss after cluster wide power loss

Re: data loss after cluster wide power loss
On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 7:03 AM, Michael Segel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> How did you lose power to the entire cluster?
>
> I realize that this question goes beyond HBase, but is an Ops question. Do
> you have redundant power sources and redundant power supplies to the racks
> and machines in the cluster?

The data center that cluster is in suffered a complete power failure during
some maintenance they were running.  I don't know all the details though
apparently they made some mistakes in their process.  Our namenode does
have two power supplies, but they are all dependent on the datacenter.