Hive >> mail # user >> Bucketing external tables

+
Sadananda Hegde 2013-03-29, 21:58
+
Dean Wampler 2013-03-29, 22:57
+
Sadananda Hegde 2013-03-30, 22:44
+
Dean Wampler 2013-03-31, 00:00
+
Sadananda Hegde 2013-04-04, 02:17
+
Mark Grover 2013-04-04, 05:36
+
Sadananda Hegde 2013-04-05, 22:02
+
Mark Grover 2013-04-06, 15:07
Re: Bucketing external tables
I was able to load data into bucketed tables. I verified that the number of
files created in each of the partitioned folder matches the number of
buckets specified in my CREATE statement. But I don't see any immprovements
in the query speed. I tried with 90 buckets, 360 and 720 buckets. I have
SET hive.enforce.bucketing=true and set hive.optimize.bucketmapjoin=true;
Do I need to set any other parameters? Do I need to use MAPJOIN hint in my
join for it to use bucket join. I am not sure where to look for to verify
that it's using the map side bucket joins. Greatly appreciate any  help /
insgught .

Regads,
Sadu
+