Pig >> mail # dev >> CHANGES.txt in branches

+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2012-10-17, 02:34
+
Jonathan Coveney 2012-10-17, 03:18
Re: CHANGES.txt in branches
Guilty.. I guess we should be putting them under 0.11 in trunk.

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Jonathan Coveney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> AFAIK (and I don't really know), I thought that if we put it in both, that
> it'd go in the pig 11 section in trunk, and if not, we don't.
>
> Is this correct?
>
> Good job noticing this.
>
> 2012/10/16 Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> I noticed there is a misalignment in CHANGES.txt between 0.11 and trunk.
>> It seems some people are putting patches on top in both versions of
>> the file, while other are putting changes that get into 0.11 in the
>> 0.11 section of the trunk file.
>>
>> Let me show an example:
>>
>> This is 0.11
>>
>> Pig Change Log
>>
>> Release 0.11.0 (unreleased)
>>
>> INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES
>> PIG-1891 Enable StoreFunc to make intelligent decision based on job
>> success or failure (initialcontext via gates)
>>
>> IMPROVEMENTS
>> PIG-2947: Documentation for Rank operator (xalan via azaroth)
>>
>> PIG-2943: DevTests, Refactor Windows checks to use new Util.WINDOWS
>> method for code health (jgordon via dvryaboy)
>>
>> PIG-2794: Pig test: add utils to simplify testing on Windows (jgordon via
>> gates)
>>
>> PIG-2908: Fix unit tests to work with jdk7 (rohini via dvryaboy)
>>
>> PIG-2965: RANDOM should allow seed initialization for ease of testing
>> (jcoveney)
>>
>> PIG-2964: Add helper method getJobList() to PigStats.JobGraph. Extend
>> visibility of couple methods on same class (prkommireddi via
>> billgraham)
>>

>> And this is trunk:
>>
>> Pig Change Log
>>
>> Trunk (unreleased changes)
>>
>> INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES
>>
>> IMPROVEMENTS
>>
>> PIG-2943: DevTests, Refactor Windows checks to use new Util.WINDOWS
>> method for code health (jgordon via dvryaboy)
>>
>> PIG-2966: Test failures on CentOS 6 because MALLOC_ARENA_MAX is not
>> set (cheolsoo via sms)
>>
>> PIG-2793: Pig test: add utils to simplify testing on Windows (jgordon via
>> gates)
>>
>> PIG-2908: Fix unit tests to work with jdk7 (rohini via dvryaboy)
>>
>> OPTIMIZATIONS
>>
>> BUG FIXES
>>
>> PIG-2928: Fix e2e test failures in trunk: FilterBoolean_23/24
>> (cheolsoo via dvryaboy)
>>
>> Release 0.11.0 (unreleased)
>>
>> INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES
>> PIG-1891 Enable StoreFunc to make intelligent decision based on job
>> success or failure (initialcontext via gates)
>>
>> IMPROVEMENTS
>>
>> PIG-2947: Documentation for Rank operator (xalan via azaroth)
>>
>> PIG-2910: Add function to read schema from outout of Schema.toString()
>> (initialcontext via thejas)
>>
>> PIG-2965: RANDOM should allow seed initialization for ease of testing
>> (jcoveney)
>>
>> PIG-2964: Add helper method getJobList() to PigStats.JobGraph. Extend
>> visibility of couple methods on same class (prkommireddi via
> [...]
+
Bill Graham 2012-10-17, 05:59
+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2012-10-18, 19:00