Hive, mail # user - INSERT non-static data to array?

Re: INSERT non-static data to array?
Michael Malak 2013-06-19, 20:35
The example code for inline_table() there has static data.  It's not possible to use a subquery inside the inline_table() or array() is it?

The SQL1999 way is described here:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
CREATE TABLE table_a(a int, b int, c int[]);

INSERT INTO table_a
  SELECT a, b, ARRAY(SELECT c FROM table_c WHERE table_c.parent = table_b.id)
  FROM table_b

________________________________
From: Edward Capriolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Michael Malak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: INSERT non-static data to array?

: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-3238
This might fit the bill.
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Michael Malak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is the only way to INSERT data into a column of type array<> to load data from a pre-existing file, to use hard-coded values in the INSERT statement, or copy an entire array verbatim from another table?  I.e. I'm assuming that a) SQL1999 array INSERT via subquery is not (yet) implemented in Hive, and b) there is also no other way to load dynamically generated data into an array<> column?  If my assumption in a) is true, does a Jira item need to be created for it?