HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Hadoop V/S Cassandra

Re: Hadoop V/S Cassandra
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 8:55 AM, yogesh dhari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Hadoop have different file system(HDFS) and Cassandra have different file
> system(CFS).
>
> As Hadoop have great Eco-System (Hive{Dataware House}, Hbase{Data Base} n
> etc..) and Cassandra(Database) it self providing its own file system
>
> Although  we can run Hadoop's Ecosystem on Cassandra (If I am right ? {like
> pig and hive})
>
> Hadoop have single point of Failure but Cassandra doesn't..
>
> Please put some light on both of these where Hadoop overtakes Cassandra an
> where Cassandra.
>
> And in which use cases we go for any them.

As Harsh commented, HDFS doesn't have a single point of failure any more.

Hadoop and Cassandara are not really competitors.  You can run Hadoop
on top of Cassandra if you want.

It's possible to compare Cassandra and HBase, and some people have
done so.  In general, I've been told that Cassandra is a better match
for situations where you write more than you read, and you don't care
about data consistency.  But that might be a better question for the
HBase and/or Cassandra mailing lists.

cheers,
Colin