HBase >> mail # user >> RegionObserver and system tables (-ROOT-, .META.)

Re: RegionObserver and system tables (-ROOT-, .META.)
> That led me to question: Should a RegionObserver be allowed to interfere
> with the system tables?

Yes.

This is critical for the security implementation, for example.  We need to
perform authorization checks on access to -ROOT- and .META.  If this were
disallowed, then security couldn't be implemented on coprocessors alone.
I'm sure there are other applications lurking out there as well.

Coprocessors are very much an "experts only" feature right now.  It's
possible to completely bork your cluster with them.  We can make them a bit
safer to use, but going too far and neutering them only shoots ourselves in
the foot.

--gh