Drill, mail # user - Towards doc of distributed mode of M1

+
Michael Hausenblas 2013-10-28, 13:04
+
Ashish 2013-10-30, 08:39
Re: Towards doc of distributed mode of M1
Michael Hausenblas 2013-10-30, 08:55

> Followed the steps and was able to run the cluster and execute query :)
> Thanks for this doc.

Great! Glad it was useful.
> 1. For Zookeeper section, can point to Zookeeper docs. The setting are
> generic to Zookeeper installation. After reading the statement "Create a
> config file conf/apache-drill-zoo.cfg that holds the Apache Drill specific
> settings" and was looking for specific needs that Drill might have, but
> they were generic, so I reused my existing Zookeeper setup.

Yup, that’s right. In fact, there is something more in the pipeline (GCE deployment) so this one is a bit of a future investment ;)
> Rest all worked fine. 2nd query on sqlline ran with following warning
> (looks like a friendly warning message)
>
> Oct 30, 2013 2:05:16 PM org.apache.drill.optiq.DrillAggregateRule onMatch
> WARNING: org.eigenbase.rel.InvalidRelException: DrillAggregateRel does not
> support DISTINCT aggregates

Yeah, encountered that as well. Anyone wanna chime in here?
Cheers,
Michael

--
Michael Hausenblas
Ireland, Europe

On 30 Oct 2013, at 08:39, Ashish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Followed the steps and was able to run the cluster and execute query :)
> Thanks for this doc.
>

> Minor feedback
> 1. For Zookeeper section, can point to Zookeeper docs. The setting are
> generic to Zookeeper installation. After reading the statement "Create a
> config file conf/apache-drill-zoo.cfg that holds the Apache Drill specific
> settings" and was looking for specific needs that Drill might have, but
> they were generic, so I reused my existing Zookeeper setup.
>
> Rest all worked fine. 2nd query on sqlline ran with following warning
> (looks like a friendly warning message)
>
> Oct 30, 2013 2:05:16 PM org.apache.drill.optiq.DrillAggregateRule onMatch
> WARNING: org.eigenbase.rel.InvalidRelException: DrillAggregateRel does not
> support DISTINCT aggregates
>

> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Michael Hausenblas <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I’ve put together a sandbox repo with a draft for instructions how to set
>> up M1 in distributed mode:
>>
>> https://github.com/mhausenblas/apache-drill-sandbox/tree/master/M1
>>

>> Feedback welcome. Once it stabilises, we can transfer to the Confluence
>> wiki.
>>

>> Cheers,
>>                Michael
>>
>> --