Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Getting confused with the "recipe for lock"

+
Zhao Boran 2013-01-11, 13:46
+
Andrey Stepachev 2013-01-11, 14:48
+
Hulunbier 2013-01-11, 16:10
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-01-11, 20:20
+
Hulunbier 2013-01-12, 10:30
+
Ben Bangert 2013-01-12, 17:39
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-01-13, 01:31
+
Hulunbier 2013-01-13, 15:05
+
Vitalii Tymchyshyn 2013-01-14, 10:37
+
Hulunbier 2013-01-14, 15:06
+
Vitalii Tymchyshyn 2013-01-14, 15:38
+
Ted Dunning 2013-01-14, 16:05
+
Hulunbier 2013-01-15, 02:28
+
Hulunbier 2013-01-15, 01:52
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-01-15, 02:23
+
Hulunbier 2013-01-15, 03:45
+
Benjamin Reed 2013-01-15, 05:27
+
Hulunbier 2013-01-15, 06:32
+
Ted Dunning 2013-01-17, 11:43
Re: Getting confused with the "recipe for lock"
Hi Ted,

>> Could this happen if I just follow(correctly and without a
>> client-local timer or external fencing resources) the recipe for
>> distributed CLOCK?
>

> How is a distributed clock going to work if you can't talk to zookeeper?

Sorry, it is a typo , I mean  "... the recipe for distributed LOCK".

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 7:43 PM, Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 10:32 PM, Hulunbier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> > HBase region servers went into gc for many minutes and then woke up
>> still thinking they are the leader
>>
>> Could this happen if I just follow(correctly and without a
>> client-local timer or external fencing resources) the recipe for
>> distributed clock?
>

> How is a distributed clock going to work if you can't talk to zookeeper?
+
Benjamin Reed 2013-01-17, 04:28
+
Hulunbier 2013-01-17, 09:05