Hive >> mail # user >> hive issue with sub-directories

+
Suresh Krishnappa 2013-03-07, 15:20
Re: hive issue with sub-directories
Suresh,
By default, the partition column name has to be appear in HDFS
directory structure.

e.g.
/user/hive/warehouse/<table name>/<partition col name>=<partition col
value>/data1.txt
/user/hive/warehouse/<table name>/<partition col name>=<partition col
value>/data2.txt
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 7:20 AM, Suresh Krishnappa
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have the following directory structure in hdfs
>
> /test/a/
> /test/a/1.avro
> /test/a/2.avro
> /test/a/b/
> /test/a/b/3.avro
>
> I created an external HIVE table using Avro Serde and added /test/a as a
> partition to this table.
>
> I am not able to run a select query. Always getting the error 'not a file'
> on '/test/a/b'
>
> Is this by design, a bug or am I missing some configuration?
> I am using HIVE 0.10
>
> Thanks
> Suresh

+