MapReduce, mail # user - Re: About Hadoop Deb file

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-21, 21:31
+
Mayur Patil 2013-02-22, 01:26
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-22, 02:47
+
Mayur Patil 2013-02-22, 03:22
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-22, 20:28
Re: About Hadoop Deb file
Mayur Patil 2013-02-24, 12:55
Hello there,

   Success !! I have installed Hadoop-1.0.4.deb file on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS !!

   In /usr/bin/hadoop file where should I set JAVA_HOME and

   HADOOP_INSTALL??

   I have openjdk 7 and 6 version installed.

   Thanks !!

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

> How are you installing the package? Can you install it with dpkg
> --install? Are you trying with another command?

   On ubuntu deb packages are directly due to Gdebi installer.

> I googled the error (*se of uninitialized value $ENV{"HOME"} in
> concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/lintian*) and found many
> reference to it. You might want to take a look too.
  I will try to search for Google query.

> JM
>

> 2013/2/21 Mayur Patil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> I am using 32 bits. I will look out for your link JM sir.
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Mayur,
>>>
>>> Have you looked at that?
>>>

>>> http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-single-node-cluster/
>>>
>>> I just created a VM, installed Debian 64bits, downloaded the .deb file
>>> and installed it without any issue. Are you using Unbuntu 64bits? Or 32bits?
>>>
>>> JM

*Cheers,
Mayur*.
+