Hive >> mail # user >> ower of hive table

Re: ower of hive table
Hi All ,

The ownership of hive table is controlled by the ownership of its hdfs dir.
The table dir on hdfs ownership can be changed by running the following
command.

hadoop fs -chown $user:$grp -R $table_dir

$table_dir:  can be obtained by running in hive shell .
> desc extended 'table_name' ;

Hope this help.

Thanks
-Abdelrahman