HBase, mail # dev - backporting HBASE-3777 to 0.90

Re: backporting HBASE-3777 to 0.90
Gary Helmling 2011-09-28, 19:06
Changing the connection identity behavior in the middle of a release series
seems like a bad idea.

The 0.20 releases did connection identity based on Configuration contents,
0.90 changed this to Configuration instance identity, then 0.90.5 would be
going back to contents again (acknowledged with a smarter subset and guards
against changes)?  If anyone running 0.90 relies on the current behavior to
enforce separate connections (for whatever reason), using separate
Configuration instances, this would break that behavior and appear as a
regression right?

Changing these underlying assumptions in a minor release doesn't seem
right.  I agree it's nice to have the backport for those interested in
trying it.  But I'd need some convincing that the current 0.90 behavior is
completely broken rather than sub-optimal to agree to include it.

--gh