Pig >> mail # user >> hive queries from pig

Re: hive queries from pig
On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Dmitriy Ryaboy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If you manually create the hive table + partitions to match the format
> Pig writes things in, it should just work.

Hive table already exists.  However, we don't want to write directly
into its warehouse location because it may result in a data race.
Instead we output to a temp (partitioned) location.  Then, we
(atomically) move the data into hive's warehouse. Hive's load command
already implements
the last step.

> For your second question:
> grunt> sh echo foo
> foo

Feel like an idiot; the answer should have been RTFM. :)