Flume >> mail # dev >> FileChannel - WARN on restart

FileChannel - WARN on restart
When I restart a flume agent with a file channel (ctrl^c to stop the
process), I get the following warning when the channel is empty (not sure
what happens otherwise):

Checkpoint for file(<path>) is: 1358539648673, which is beyond the
requested checkpoint time: 1358539648673 and position 0

Looking at the code for that warning
(link<https://github.com/apache/flume/blob/trunk/flume-ng-channels/flume-file-channel/src/main/java/org/apache/flume/channel/file/LogFile.java#L462>),
it looks like it always appears when the file channel is empty (rather,
when the checkpoint position is the beginning of the file). Is that
necessary?

- Connor
+
Brock Noland 2013-01-19, 06:37