Flume, mail # user - Flume hops behind HAProxy

Flume hops behind HAProxy
Rahul Ravindran 2012-11-14, 01:52
Hi,
   Before I try it, I wanted to check if there were any known issues with this. We will have multiple flume agents sending an Avro stream each to a smaller set of intermediate flume hops. Are there any issues/concerns around having the flume agents send their streams to an HAProxy which will round robin between the different flume hops. Any issue around the transaction mechanism with this setup?

I know that there is a selector mechanism in Flume to do this, but our operations extensively use HAProxy, and are most familiar with it.

Thanks,
~Rahul.
+
Rahul Ravindran 2012-11-14, 20:46