Hadoop, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] create a hadoop-build subproject (a follow up on the thread 'introduce Python as build-time...')

Re: [DISCUSS] create a hadoop-build subproject (a follow up on the thread 'introduce Python as build-time...')
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-12-05, 18:41
On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Colin McCabe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Is there any way this code could be used in branch-1 to solve some of
> the issues there?  I know the protoc code, at least, would be useful
> there.

We could have the logic done by plugins in standalone classes, and then
have Ant Tasks and Maven Plugin wrappers classes wiring them to the
corresponding build framework. This means we could produce build JARs with
both Ant Tasks and Maven Plugins for the same encapsulated logic.

--
Alejandro