Flume, mail # user - Flume NG Running Questions

+
Young Kim 2012-07-07, 01:48
Re: Flume NG Running Questions
Will McQueen 2012-07-07, 19:51
Hi Young,

I'm not sure why the output shows that that the flume dir is under both the Kim dir and the ykim dir. Did you follow the getting started guide verbatim? Also, does the 'agent1' name match the name of the agent that's specified in the conf file? You can also try enabling the debug level in log4j.properties.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Will

On Jul 6, 2012, at 6:48 PM, Young Kim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I was reading this guide (https://cwiki.apache.org/FLUME/getting-started.html) on building and running flume. I've gotten it to successfully build, but when I run the examples given, all I get is the following consistently:
>
> + exec /usr/bin/java -Xmx20m -cp '/Users/Kim/flume-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/conf:/Users/ykim/flume-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/lib/*' -Djava.library.path= org.apache.flume.node.Application -f conf/flume.conf -n agent1
>
> Then, it either hangs or immediately terminates without any output messages. I'm not exactly sure if these examples are incorrect, but in the case it is, is there an immediate example anyone has that would indicate whether or not my build was successful?
>
> Thanks,
> Young Kim

+
Young Kim 2012-07-09, 17:39