Hive >> mail # user >> start hive cli error

+
dianbo.zhu 2012-05-18, 07:51
+
Dimboo Zhu 2012-05-22, 09:47
Re: start hive cli error
error is due to default encoding.
hive supports UTF-8  based encoding but somehow your hive setup is picking
up GB2312.

can you provide the output of locale command?

Thanks,
Nitin

--
Nitin Pawar