MapReduce >> mail # user >> which hadoop version to use

Re: which hadoop version to use
On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Cheng, Yi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I prefer pure open source version first, if there is no such option, then I
> may go to commercial version like hortonworks, cloudera.

In that case you may want to take a look at 100% community-driven
open source distribution coming from Apache Bigtop:
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+install+Hadoop+distribution+from+Bigtop+0.5.0

We are pretty close to finishing our next release (Bigtop 0.6.0)
based on Hadoop 2.0.x and you can install the distro from here:
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Bigtop-trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-Repository/
E.g. for Centos 5 you'd use:
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Bigtop-trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-Repository/label=centos5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/repo/bigtop.repo

Thanks,