Hive >> mail # user >> Survey: What do you use to interface with Hive?

+
John Omernik 2013-12-04, 17:31
Re: Survey: What do you use to interface with Hive?
I'm a big user of HCatalog from Pig but wish the HCat code used the
RESTful HTTP interface instead of Thrift because the version
incompatibilities in Thrift are frankly mind-boggling. We get around
them by shading the thrift classes used by HCat

Also, have many of scripts that are launched as part of larger
workflows from Oozie - nice but again we fight with classpath issues
all the time. Oozie at least has some nice classpath isolation between
hive and pig actions.

Cheers,
Tim