HBase >> mail # user >> Coprocessors and batch processing

Re: Coprocessors and batch processing
Hey Lars,
Sorry if I have mislead you.

The current Coprocessor infrastructure is at _Region_ level, not at
_RegionServer_ level.
All these batch operations are ultimately ends up at some rows in some
Regions, where you have hooked your CPs.

I am not able to follow your example. If you end up with a 200 Puts batch at
a RS, then what? You need to execute this at Region level now, right? A RS
just host Regions, and these Regions are mobile too. I think that is the
reason one should nail down to a specific Region while doing any crud
operations here; and also a reason why current CPs are at Region level.

That's my pov though! :)

Himanshu