HBase, mail # user - Possibility of using timestamp as row key in HBase

Re: Possibility of using timestamp as row key in HBase
Asaf Mesika 2013-06-19, 20:58
The new splitted region might be moved due to load balancing. Aren't you
experiencing the classic hot spotting? Only 1 RS getting all write traffic?
Just place a preceding byte before the time stamp and round robin each put
on values 1-num of region servers.